Chef Kurrajong Kitchen
Website Click Here To View
Email Click Here To Send
Prep time 10 minutes Serves 4
2 Tbsp olive oil
4 spring onions, trimmed, halved
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 x 400g can tomatoes
2 Tbsp chopped Coriander leaves, plus extra to serve
250g fresh mozzarella cheese
Step by Step instructions
1. Heat half oil in a frypan over medium heat, add spring onions and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes till softened. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Heat remaining oil and add garlic, tomatoes and coriander leaves. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 5 minutes till slightly thickened.
2. Heat two Small individual frypans over medium heat and divide tomato sauce into each pan. For each pan make 2 holes in tomato sauce and crack eggs into each hole. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes till egg is cooked to your liking. Divide mozzarella cheese between each frypan and cover for 1 minute till cheese is melted.
3. Serve topped with spring onions and coriander leaves.
This can also be made in a large frying pan.
Usage for this product include:
- Break up and place on cheeseboards and platters
- Serve with salsas and dips
- Add a crunch to your salad
- Looks great in bread baskets and acts as an alternative to bread
- Serve with curries and soups
- Lay a bruschetta mix ontop (crack with pointy end of knife to serve)