RECIPE BY CHEF Good Hemp Co WEBSITE Click To View EMAIL Click To Send
Ingredients For Pea Mash
2 tablespoons Good Hemp Oil
500 ml Good Hemp Original Milk
600 g potatoes peeled and quartered
200 g frozen peas
Salt and Pepper to taste
For The Filling
300 tablespoons Good Hemp Oil
250 ml Good Hemp Milk Original
500 g plain flour
1 onion finely chopped
250 ml fish stock
I tablespoon chopped chives
250 g salmon – skin and bones removed
250 ml white fish ( haddock cod or pollock ) skin removed
150 gram cooked prawns
80 grams spinach
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to Gas 6 (200C/400F).
- Place the potatoes into a large pan of boiling salted water and cook for around 15 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and peas and return to the saucepan.
- Add the 2 tbsp of Good Hemp Oil and 50ml Good Hemp Milk and mash until smooth and lump free. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the filling, add the 3 tbsp of Good Hemp Oil to the saucepan and add the onion.
- Cook for 5 minutes or so until soft and translucent.
- Add the flour, stirring to remove any lumps and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Gradually, stir in the fish stock and the Good Hemp Milk and cook until the sauce is thick.
- Remove from the heat and add the chives then season well with salt and pepper.
- Distribute the fish evenly on the bottom of a baking dish and scatter over the spinach.
- Next, pour over the white sauce.
- Spoon the pea mash on top of the filling and make peaks in the potato using the back of a spoon which will go crunchy when in the oven.
- Bake the pie for 25 minutes until the topping is crispy and the filling is bubbling.