EUROPEAN COFFEE, TEA & SOFT DRINK EXPO really is unique! It is the only trade show that is 100% devoted to the professional sales of soft beverages – coffee, tea and soft drinks – right across the entire foodservice spectrum from cafes, coffee shops and hotels to restaurants, contract caterers, leisure outlets, travel sector, pubs, bars and offices. This market is huge and growing and these “wet” sales usually have the best profit margins. No wonder the show is the fastest growing hospitality show in Europe!
In common with most burgeoning sectors, and faced with an ever discerning consumer palette, key players need to stay one step ahead of the game when it comes to the latest innovations in equipment, beans, teas, flavours, soft drinks varieties, and serving apparatus – this is what European Coffee, Tea & Soft Drinks Expo delivers! European Coffee, Tea & Soft Drinks Expo is where real decision-makers meet, buy, network, learn, are inspired and drive their business forward.
Running alongside the exhibition will be an awe-inspiring and FREE conference programme with a headline-grabbing speaker line-up. In addition to the conference programme, there is an exciting range of features, with the Barista Masterclasses, Roastery Masterclass LIVE, the Tea Quarter and the Soft Drinks Pavilion all NEW for 2019. All this plus numerous networking opportunities, including the VIP programme and the Brita Lounge.
In a world first, European Coffee, Tea & Soft Drinks Expo will be running Barista Masterclasses which will showcase the skills of the best known and most inspiring baristas. The Barista Masterclass sessions will offer visitors a refresh on the fundamentals but also to keep them up to date with the latest trends, educating and inspiring the coffee business community about the importance of not only being able to make great coffee but also to serve it to the discerning customer of today. Baristas already confirmed as taking part include the current World Barista Champion Agnieszka Rojewska, plus:
- Jaoa Almeida, Head of Drinks & Operations, Elan Group & Latte Art Bar – Latte Art Champion.
- Stacey Canning, Harris + Hoole Coffee Champion.
- Gareth Davies, Head of Coffee Excellence, UCC.
- Jimmy Dimitrov, head of training & education at Clifton Coffee Roasters – Coffee Masters London 2017, New York 2017, London 2018 finalist finalist.
- Dan Fellows, head of wholesale at Origin Coffee, World Coffee in Good Spirits Champion 2018, UK Barista Champion 2016.
- Dale Harris, HasBean Coffee, World Barista Champion 2017.
- Bartek Kusmierz, Starbucks 2018 National Barista Champion, 2018 EMEA Barista Champion.
- Raf Mlodzianowski, Consultant, RAFMAKES.
- Jana Slamova, National Barista Trainer, Baxter Storey – highest scoring female competitor in the finals of the 2017 UK Barista Championships.
- Dhan Tamang, Owner, Coffee Lab – UK Latte Art Champion x 5, World Latte Art Champion 4th place 2016.
- Sam Trevethyen, head of coffee & cocktails at Grind & Co, coffee mixologist and cocktail developer.
With Victoria Arduino as the coffee machine and grinder sponsor and Brita as the water sponsor.
European Coffee, Tea & Soft Drinks Expo will also feature another world first – LIVE coffee roasting. Roastery Masterclass Live!, is a brand new feature with live roasting and expert commentary. It will educate and inspire the coffee business community about the importance, complexity and great skill involved in roasting. It is being driven by the sector’s top roasters who will display and discuss the unique intricacies in the art and science of roasting:
Here’s just a handful of the hugely talented roasters who will be hosting sessions:
- James Boatfield -Thorley, Roastery Manager, Allpress
- Jamie Boland, Owner/Head Roaster, Ancoats Coffee Co
- Patrik Rolf Karlsson, Founder, April Coffee Copenhagen
- Sam Langdon, Master Roaster and Freda Yuan, Green Buyer, Caravan Coffee Roasters
- Jamie Strachan, Head of Coffee, Dark Arts Coffee
- Roland Glew, Head Roaster, Has Bean Coffee
- Eliasz Minkiewicz, Development Manager, Nord Coffee
- Courtney Snowdon, Head Roaster, Ozone Coffee Roasters
- Rudy Huemer, Quality Manager, Union Hand-Roasted Coffee
- Nick Mabey, Head of Product, Volcano Coffee Works
- James Wogan, Green Buyer, Wogan Coffee
Olam Specialty Coffee will be the Green Bean Sponsors of Roastery Masterclass Live! and will be hosting cupping sessions at the show. The Machine Sponsor is Diedrich, with Brita as the water sponsor and Cropster as the software sponsor.
Soft Drinks will also be given a platform with the launch of a major dedicated zone at the show featuring soft drinks. This will include a Summer Drinks Pavilion, specifically for all the relevant exhibitors offering everything involved in providing and selling refreshing cold drinks as well as equipment such as ice making machines, plus content in the education programme. The show’s timing in May is perfect to catch the buying season for the hot summer ahead!
Tea is also coming back to European Coffee, Tea & Soft Drinks Expo 2019 – in a big way – by partnering with the National Tea Day to create innovative tea-led content to engage tea-buying executives from across the hospitality and food service industries. The partnership will see National Tea Day co-host a dedicated tea theatre in the newly created Tea Quarter. This fantastic new initiative will substantially boost the tea element of the event to meet the sector’s need to improve its tea offering to maximise customer satisfaction, sales and profitability. A significant part of the show’s education programme will be devoted to tea including tea masterclasses, seminars and pairings so attendees can understand how tea can become more profitable.
Speakers in the Tea Theatre include:
- Thomas Rabuel, Restaurant Manager, Club Gascon
- Steven Driscoll, Restaurant Manager, The Berkeley
- Antonio Vigorito, Food & Beverage Manager, St James Hotel & Club
- Martina Rumanova, F&B Executive, Brown’s Hotel
- Alex Von Ulmenstein, F&B Director, Chewton Glen
- Samantha Rieu, Hotel Operations Manager, Dukes Hotel
- Lilly Pavicevic, General Manager/Tea Master, Compass Group at Amex
- Alessia Beltrame, Chef, Fernandez & Wells
- Lucy Chappell, MD and Head of Training, London School of Tea
In addition to these exciting new features, existing crowd pleasers will be returning to the show, including the European Coffee, Tea & Soft Drinks Expo Conference Theatre featuring keynote speakers and serious industry leaders tackling business-critical topics.
An exhibition, conference programme, demos, networking, awards – new approaches, new thinking, innovative suppliers in one place, at one time, under one roof – and FREE to attend.